ASM - Asset and Service Management
ASM (Asset and Service Management) is an optional itmSUITE® module that allows you to manger your Asset.
ASM module shall be enabled in itmSUITE® PMSM. To configure it is necessary to connect PMSM module to CMS module.
The default menu position to manage PMSM - CMS connection is General\Company\External CMDB.
|Protocol||http or https are available|
|Host||CMS host address or IP|
|Port||http or https port||https usually is 443|
|Use Local Proxy for Web Component||A proxy component could be installed on Jboss in case CMS and PMSM are not on the same domain|
At click on Connect button the following additional fields will appear:
- User Name: insert here the CMS local User for PMSM connection (shall be a CMS Manager)
- Password: insert here the password for PMSM connection
- Enable External CMDB Access: check it to activate connection
- Test button shall be used to check if current configuration is working
- Save button shall be used to save/confirm activation of current configuration
User mapping mode
In Resources management are present options to enable PMSM Resources at ASM/CMS usage:
|CMS Access||Enable this option to grant access at CMS data|
|User Mapping Mode||"Suite": PMSM/CMS access will be managed in PMSM (see Groups below), "CMS Local": Resource will use CMS credentials to access, "System": Resource will use PMSM configuration credentials to access at CMS data||"System" shall be set for Administrator only|
ASM Views definition
An ASM View is a list of Asset from CMS module. The definition and management of ASM view is possible General\Company\ASM view by default.
In Tab General is possible to define:
- ASM View Name (and its localizations)
- ASM View Staus
- CMS root Folder: the ASM View will contain only configured Folder and its Sub Folder
In Tab List is possible to define:
- The CMS Attributes (among all the standard and custom Attributes defined) to be visualized as columns in View.
- Show/Hide option allows to display/hide current column (without remove it)
- Up/Down arrows allows to specify the columns sort order
In Tab Form is possible to define:
- The CMS Attributes (among all the standard and custom Attributes defined) to be visualized as Fields in Object details.
- Show/Hide option allows to display/hide current attribute (without remove it)
- Up/Down arrows allows to specify the attribute sort order
- If any Attribute is not available for an Object Type: it will not be visualized in form
In Tab Object Type is possible to define which Object Type are available in current ASM View
Tab Assignment could be used to define access grants to current ASM VIew
In Tab Forced View will be possible to add Forced View to current ASM View as columns: in this columns will be displayed a number. This number specify the number of Tickets referred to current Object.
In Tab MS Fields is possible to specify the localizations for MS Module
Group - ASM Privileges
The access to ASM/CMS data in "Suite" mode is managed in General\Company\Ticket\Group.
In Tab Privileges \ ASM Privileges is possible to define grants on CMS Folders for all the members of current Group and sub Groups.
The Tree Grid "Privileges" present in this Tab allows to specify if the members of current Group have Read/Update grants on current Folder.
A popup will help to propagate Grants on Sub Folders.
The Grants on Folders are stored in CMS DB. It will allow same Read/Update Grants when a User login in CMS in "Suite" mode.
Asset CI management
ASM Views allows access to CI stored in CMS, here is also possible:
- Add new CI
- Remove an existing CI
- Update a CI
The Folder tree menu will visualize Folder Name in italic if current User can access to it in read only.
Asset CI - Resource assignment
CI can be assigned to a Resource in Resources\Resource - Tab "Configuration Items"
Resource can be related to a CI in CI details - Tab Resources
Asset - Service map
In Project and Service - Tab Settings\Configuration Management is possible to relate CMS Folders to current Project / Service.
This configuration will enable which CMS Folders will be visualized in:
- Project and Service - Tab Models
- Ticket on current Project Service - Tab Related Items\Configuration Items